Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
If you haven’t been following along with Points With a Crew this week, here are the top stories that you may have missed. If you like what you’re seeing, make sure you don’t miss out on another deal, by following me on Twitter, Facebook or our once-daily email
- Our family of 8 recently took an Amtrak train (Our Amtrak trip was a blast… but I’ll never travel Amtrak again) – but what’s the etiquette on tipping on the train?
- Weeks after I didn’t mind when Delta canceled my flight, NOW US Airways canceled my flight, and THIS time it’s personal!
- After my recent trip, it’s time to update my travel maps – new states, counties, Interstates, and World Heritage sites.
- Guest poster Celia shares some awesome views taken while her family rode the Amtrak California Zephyr.
Miles, Points and Credit cards
- First Delta removed the award charts from their website, but now they are continuing to move further and further towards the mode of making the price be whatever they want to be. “Trust the website… the website is never wrong...“
- On the flip side, I was able to find a few Delta Skymiles flights for as low as 7,500 Skymiles!
- A few weeks after introducing crippling changes to the card, the Barclay Arrival card is back available for signups. It’s probably worth signing up for, but I wouldn’t pay the annual fee the 2nd year.
- Hilton has announced that they are hiring 500 stay-at-home people to work in their reservations department.
- Did you know that British Airways Reward Flight Saver flights are a great way to cut down on the expensive taxes, airport fees and fuel surcharges while in Europe
- You can earn 3500 bonus miles with TWO different airlines
News, notes and other
- If you missed Chick-fil-A’s #CowAppreciationDay – you’ll have to wait till next year!
- Here’s a great way to keep track of the random bits of foreign currency you end up with – plus, a week in Admirals clubs, how to get a free European vacation, a free trip downtown and when you’re protected while flying different airlines.
If you’re still up for reading the best travel news, here was last week’s recaps – 11 posts you may have missed-Amex never ever does WHAT?