Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Virgin America is getting in on the fare sale action with a sale of their own–but is it any good? Let’s take a look! You can also see all of the promotion details here.
Let’s get the boring stuff out of the way first:
- Main Cabin Tickets must be purchased by 11:59 pm CT on Monday, February 20, 2017
- Fares are one-way and require a 21-day advance purchase where travel must occur between March 7, 2017 and May 6, 2017.
- For Mexico, fares are one-way and based on travel originating from the U.S. only. Return fares for travel from Mexico will be higher due to additional mandatory taxes and fees
- Lowest sale fares are available only on certain itineraries
- Lowest sale fares are only valid for travel on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Lowest sale fares for Hawaii are only valid Monday through Thursday
- Seats are limited, subject to availability, and may not be available on all flights. Flights may not operate daily. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable
- More details here (I may earn a commission if you book a flight through this link)
Virgin America will donate $10 for each ticket sold during the “Bring Your Sweetheart” fare sale to the American Heart Association, with a maximum donation of $25,000.
It looks like the only cheap seats are available on LAS-LAX, for the introductory price of $49, which is cheaper than the $59 they had last time. Keep in mind that Delta also has an award sale going on as low as 5,000 Skymiles to/from LAX
Other cheap seats include:
- LAX-SFO, $69
- PDX-SFO, $63
- DEN-SFO, $89
- LAS-SFO, $79
What about eleVAte points?
Because the value of eleVAte points are tied to the cost of the ticket, you can also get cheap point redemptions. Here’s an example from a previous fare sale, but the principle still holds.
The $49 LAS-LAX flight only costs 1,661 points. Pretty good!
That’s also WAY better than using 12,500 Alaska points to pay for the same exact flight!
There are some great deals to be had in this sale, especially if you’ve been waiting to book a trip to one of Virgin America’s hubs. Just remember to use eleVAte points, rather than Alaska miles, if you’re going to make a points redemption!
Header image courtesy of Bill Larkins.