Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- I think one of the barriers many people have to extensive foreign travel is worrying about the language barrier. On our recent trip to Europe, we were mostly in English-speaking countries, but we did have a bit of a language barrier trying to order breakfast at a Monegasque boulangerie. Rapid Travel Chai tells us to Relax! You don’t need to speak the language.
- View from the Wing gives several steps for what you should do if your frequent flyer account is audited.
- Don’t forget we’re still giving away a $50 American Airlines gift card – you can enter up to 4 times. Million Mile Secrets is also giving away a $200 Ritz-Carlton gift card, if you’re looking for more giveaways!
- I was pleased to be included in Lara Krupicka’s list of “favorite miles and points blogs” where she talked about Bucket List Travel Using Airline Miles & Reward Points
- Marriott’s 7 night travel packages have long been one of the better deals out there – allowing you to transfer Marriott points to airline miles at essentially a 1:1 ratio. The only downside has been that it required a 7 night stay at a single hotel. Now Frequent Miler has discovered that there are also “secret” 5 night travel packages out there!
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: A 10 year old getting an “aggressive patdown” from the TSA? Plus lower Uber prices and more