Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
While I was there I visited Point Roberts Washington, which is an exclave of the US that is ONLY accessible by driving through Canada. It’s harder to get to than you might think!
Getting to the airport at the right time is a balancing act – too late, you’re in danger of missing your flight, too early, and you’ll waste years of your life in airports.
What are your best tips?
There are quite a few opportunities for free airline miles out there
The poll is going strong at about 50/50 –
Time for you to weigh in on how much do you tip a hotel maid? (If you tip at all!)
While I was in Seattle, I stayed 4 nights at the Hilton Seattle downtown
Although I am a Diamond member, I was a little miffed when I didn’t get upgraded.
Then Hilton responded back to my whiny complaining letter
- Curious about Halloween around the world? Here’s the rundown on customs, traditions and other spooky history
- “I only date guys with high credit scores….“
- There’s (another) free money deal going on this week (week of the 18th). This one’s at Staples, but I’m getting annoyed by Office Max’s sporadicly enforced “company wide” gift card policy. Am I the only one?
- If you didn’t do it last month, the deal for 25,000 American miles by signing up with Sprint is still going on
- The FlexPerks card gives you 12 free Gogo wifi passes, but don’t screw it up and miss out on them (like I did)
- It’s getting to be about that time of year! Here are 13 of the best corn mazes in the United States
- Make sure that you get those travel promotions in writing – don’t let this happen to you!
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: A 47 year(!) layover, crazy comments, free money and 5 year olds sent to the wrong airport