Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Yesterday I wrote about the new SPG Design Hotels sweepstakes, where you have a chance to win instantly every day between now and December 18th.
Go to the SPG Design Hotels site, enter in your SPG account number, and then all you need to is rearrange the “Magic Square”-style puzzle into a picture of a SPG hotel.
I already won 10,000 Starpoints!
Here are the prize breakdowns
- Grand Prize – five Free Night Awards at a Category 1–6 hotel and 50,000 bonus Starpoints®
- One Free Night Award: 185 Awards available for any SPG participating Category 1–5 hotel or resort. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $171.00. Award will be available in the SPG member’s account within three weeks from the Game Period end date. Award must be consumed by March 31, 2016.
- (925 qty.) 10,000 Starpoints, ARV $250.00;
- (1110 qty.) 5,000 Starpoints, ARV $125.00;
- (1480 qty.) 1,000 Starpoints, ARV $25.00.
So there are about 3500 instant win prizes it looks like. Unlike the SPG Open the World sweepstakes, the contest is open for a shorter duration, you can only play once per day (per account), and you actually have to solve a puzzle instead of just hitting buttons – these are all things that would seem to lower the amount of winners
I got 2 comments on yesterday’s post saying:
I won 10K points! Thanks for the heads up on the contest
I did too, how long does it take to deposit?
Then this morning, on only my 4th play (2 accounts times 2 days), I actually won TOO!
Well technically my wife won :-). When I told Carolyn she just won 10,000 Starpoints, she was quite non-plussed 🙂
So, I know that this is all just anecdotal evidence, but if you’ve not been bothering playing because you never win anything in these kinds of games, this one might be one worth playing. I’m actually thinking of signing up all my kids for SPG accounts!