Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
One man’s trash is another man’s treasure
Conventional wisdom says that redeeming points for domestic economy tickets is just about the worst option out there
Which leads me to ask the question: Is this the worst usage of 100,000 Skymiles EVER?
We had a lot of great comments on the post – check it out!
Speaking of Delta, after we booked our flights, it was time to figure out how to best arrange seats for our family
Last time we all flew together, another passenger told my wife and I that we were “the type of people that shouldn’t have children” (!)
Trying to arrange things a little bit better this time
The Chase Freedom is a great card because it has no annual fee, and it can
Your Freedom card earns 5% each quarter in a rotating set of categories (though sometimes it goes up to 10%)
The 2016 Chase Freedom categories have been announced – find out what they are and where to activate your bonus (you can ALREADY activate for Q1 2016!)
Best of the Rest
- You can enter Sheraton’s #DelightDelaySweeps holiday promotion on social media once per day through the 31st (I’ve already won!)
- Still have your Target Red Card? You can get a free drink once per day through the 24th just by showing it at Target
- IHG has announced their promotion for Spring 2016 – also called Accelerate! My offers were pretty underwhelming, but how were yours?
- I’m trying to help a friend of mine book 3 tickets to Australia – is she going to make it?
- IHG sent me a “Christmas Card” of all the places I’ve been this year – check out mine and find out how to see yours!
- Here’s where our family of 8 is going for 40,000 miles plus $93. It’s further than you think!
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: How many of the top 50 landmarks have you been to? Plus a 9 year old’s bucket list, Citibank drama and more