As you may or may not know, Points With a Crew is part of a wider network of travel related blogs that are featured on both Prior2Boarding.com and BoardingArea.com. Here’s a few of the posts I found most interesting from some of our bloggers this past week:
- The Forward Cabin shares some of his thoughts about moving his loyalty from Delta to American.
- Travel With Grant shares his master list of all retention and reconsideration calls. When you’re denied for a credit card, don’t just give up – make sure and call in!
- One of many bloggers’ favorite cards is the Chase Sapphire Preferred, but Grant also gives his take on why he doesn’t think the $95 annual fee is worth it (FWIW, I agree)
- Miles to Memories shared an article saying that many travelers are expected to go into debt to finance Labor Day trips. I thought maybe he was talking about buying Vanilla cards for $4.95 but apparently this is a whole DIFFERENT kind of debt….
- One of my friends was REALLY into laser pointers a few years ago. I don’t think he ever shone them at airports, which is a good thing, since as the Travelblawg points out, that’s a felony!
And since I’m the one writing this, I thought I’d throw a shoutout to some of my favorite posts from this week – first, my experience earning 19x Southwest Rapid Rewards points through the Sears shopping portal, and then also there was some good discussion about what’s the worst city in the world for travel?
What did you learn this week?
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them