Here are some news and notes that I found interesting from around the travel world that you may have missed
- American Airlines has threatened to de-hub Charlotte if the city fails to award tax breaks. Living in Cincinnati, I have to say that I am surprised, no, SHOCKED that a post-merger airline would threaten to get rid of a hub. I’m looking at you, Delta!
- Which country is the worst for international air oversight? A great article from 538.com
- A couple and their toddler were kicked off a Cathay Pacific flight over their toddler refusing to wear a seatbelt.
- American Airlines refuses to refund a ticket after a death (though they eventually gave in on the matter)
- The EPA has given a grant to study how much water hotel guests use in the shower. Reminds me of the question I posed earlier about whether you travel differently when someone else is paying for it (lots of good comments on that one!)
Any other good travel articles I missed? Leave me a note in the comments.
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them