Southwest is having yet another fare sale, although this one will stick around for a bit longer than other flash sales we’ve seen. From now through October 12th (Thursday) you can book flights starting at $49 one-way within the US
Or as low as $99 to Mexico, Central America or the Caribbean.
Flights are on sale between October 31st and March 2nd, though there are blackout dates (see below)
Because Southwest has award prices that are tied to the cost of revenue tickets, this means they effectively have an award sale as well. Here are some of the details:
- Domestic travel valid October 31 through December 19, 2017, and January 3 through February 14, 2018.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid October 31 through December 7, 2017, and January 16 through March 1, 2018.
- International travel valid October 31 through December 13, 2017, and January 10 through March 2, 2018.
- Domestic and San Juan, Puerto Rico travel blacked out November 21-22, November 25-27, 2017.
- Sale fares to international destinations blacked out November 21-22, 2017.
- Domestic travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays.
- Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays.
- Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday.
- International travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesday
- Fares valid only on nonstop service
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight
Book by October 12th!
The other thing to do (as Dan has pointed out before) with these Southwest fare sales is to check your existing bookings. Because of Southwest’s amazing cancellation policy, there is no penalty for changing your flight if the price goes down.
(SEE ALSO: Southwest just PAID me to take the same flight!)
Were you able to book (or re-book!) any Southwest flights with this fare sale? Let us know in the comments!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them