Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- If you’re transiting through Dubai, you’ll now pay more in taxes. We just got back from there (though we were “stuck” on only a 777), though now that Alaska Airlines has gutted their award chart for Emirates, I’d imagine most of us will be flying through there a lot less!!! 🙂
- The latest on Traveling Dad talks about 5 items that you will definitely lose at Disney. Thankfully when we were there I didn’t lose any of those things – but if you’re a Disney guy, you might be interested in my top 5 Disney World tips for a budget traveler or the video of how long my daughter screams when she finds out we’re going to Disney World?
- American Airlines has changed their fare rules, making it harder (read: more expensive) to book multi-city fares. View from the Wing shares a tip on how you can beat them at their own game and get your tickets for much cheaper!
- This was a great roundup from Doctor of Credit on how old you have to be to get a credit card (or be an authorized user on one). With 6 kids, this is an important topic for me!
- Emirates Fifth Freedom flight from New York to Milan has generated a lot of low fares (and animosity from US carriers). Now Emirates has their eye on a new country – Hungary, which currently does not have nonstop service from the US.
Interested in top travel hacks? You should definitely follow me on Pinterest
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Surviving a long flight with a baby, what it’s like to fly El Al, and a 7 wonders of the world shakedown?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them