Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
For sale today with Daily Getaway is 15,000 Wyndham Points for $175. Last year the same package was offered at $150. Depending how you use it, there could be value in this package.
Details of the offer
- 15,000 points valid for a one (1) night at any Wyndham Rewards hotel. Plus, stay at over 25,000 locations including condos and homes for just 15,000 points per bedroom, per night.
- Travel anytime until points expire four (4) years from deposit date unless forfeited or cancelled earlier due to membership inactivity for 18 months.
- No more than two (2) sets of points are permitted per Wyndham Rewards member number.
- A total of 1143 packages are available.
- You can access the sale and details here.
Wyndham has an interesting award chart in that there essentially is NO award chart. Back in June of 2015 , they made every hotel cost a fixed 15,000 points. So any crappy Days Inn or Super 8 costs as much as their fanciest hotels in New York City or in Hawaii, including two-bedroom condos!
(SEE ALSO: A tale of two Super 8s – true budget traveling)
You’re buying 15,000 points with today’s deal, so essentially you’re buying enough to stay one night at any hotel. There ARE definitely Wyndham hotels that run for upwards of $300 or $400, so in that regard today’s deal could be a “good deal”. But unless there’s a specific Wyndham hotel in a specific place that you want to stay at, it’s almost always going to be possible to get a stay at a comparable hotel for much cheaper than $175.
I really don’t know much about Wyndham Rewards. I don’t tend to stay at their hotels and I am not even a member of their program. Perhaps readers who know the program can share their experience.