Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Like Southwest yesterday, Virgin American is getting in on the fare sale action with a sale of their own–but is it any good? Let’s take a look! You can also see all of the promotion details here. Remember to book by 4/17 to take advantage of any fare deals!
- Main Cabin Tickets must be purchased by 11:59 pm CT on Monday, April 17, 2017
- Fares are one-way and require a 21-day advance purchase where travel must occur between May 2, 2017 and May 24, 2017
- Fares for Hawaii require a 21-day advance purchase and are valid for travel between May 2, 2017 and May 31, 2017
- Lowest sale fares are available only on certain itineraries
- Lowest sale fares are only valid for travel on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday
- Lowest sale fares for Hawaii are only valid Monday through Thursday
- See all details here
The cheapest flights available are:
- Las Vegas – Los Angeles ($49)
- Las Vegas – San Francisco ($59)
- Los Angeles – San Francisco ($59)
- San Diego – San Francisco ($59)
Remember, use Virgin eleVAte, not Alaska Mileage Plan!
That $49 Las Vegas – Los Angles flight? Only 1,661 points each way on Virgin:
That same flight on Alaska? 12,500 points each way for flights on Virgin America metal and 25,000 points each way (!!!) for flights on Delta metal:
You could get SEVEN roundtrips on Virgin America for the cost of a one-way segment on Delta! That’s insane!
In my mind, the best aspect of Virgin America sales are the low, low point redemptions. I’d make sure you check out their sale before you book on Alaska–they may have a comparable flight for a lot cheaper!
Let us know if you get a great deal (points or cash!) below!