Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- American Express is apparently eliminating pro-rated annual fee refunds. So you’ll need to cancel by the fee date (or a few days later; I believe it’s either 30 or 60 days) to get a fee refund
- This was an interesting visualization of every airport to every other airport it has a direct flight to.
- An interview with traveler Alex. I enjoyed his take on racism on the road.
- Here are 5 tips for minimizing TSA wait times. One additional one that I would add is that many larger airports have multiple screening points. So the security area closest to your gate might not be the fastest way to get there – you could screen at a different terminal with a shorter line and still get to your gate faster.
- If you missed the big news yesterday, American has announced some huge changes to their AAdvantage program. Here is a take from View from the Wing and one from One Mile at a Time talking about whether they will consider switching their airline loyalty.
Interested in top travel hacks? You should definitely follow me on Facebook
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Meet the guy who travels the world, but still lets his mom know that he’s doing fine