Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
It looks like we’ve got another Southwest fare sale on our hands–let check out where you can fly for only $42 each way! If you want to search fares from your city, click here. You’ve got some some time to book, 5/25, but buy now if you want to lock in the sale pricing!
- Purchase from May 16 through May 25, 2017, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city
- Domestic travel valid August 22 through November 1, 2017. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 6 through November 2, 2017.International travel valid August 22 through November 2, 2017
- Domestic travel blacked out September 1 & September 4, 2017
- Fares valid only on nonstop service
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight
- See all terms and conditions here
It looks like the cheapest fares aren’t sub-$40 this time like they have been in the past. The cheapest tickets can be found on Las Vegas – Los Angeles and vice versa. That’s pretty short flight, but if you’re heading to either city, it could be a good buy. Remember that you won’t pay for bags should you decide to check them on Southwest.
Additionally, Southwest is generally fee-free, but if you want to be the one of the first to board, you can always opt for Early Bird check-in.
(READ MORE: Is Southwest Early Bird check-in worth it?)
The other thing to do (as Dan has pointed out before) with these Southwest fare sales is to check your existing bookings. Because of Southwest’s amazing cancellation policy, there is no penalty for changing your flight if the price goes down.
(SEE ALSO: Southwest just PAID me to take the same flight!)
Were you able to book (or re-book!) any Southwest flights with this fare sale? Let us know in the comments!