Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Some news and interesting stories from around the travel world.
- One Mile at a Time reports on what $65 / night gets you in the Maldives. It’s a far cry from some of the luxury hotels we USUALLY associate with the Maldives!
- From TravelMole, an AirIndia flight is grounded after a fight between pilots in the cockpit!
- EasyJet is under fire for denying boarding to a 14 year old girl traveling alone because she didn’t have a credit card to pay for a baggage fee.
- The Forward Cabin had a great post about how you can take a hypothetical 12 days of vacationa year, combine those with holidays and get 37 days of travel!
- View from the Wing had an interesting article about how to get all over the world without any foreign language skills. My favorite comment on that article was “As for how you can expect to be treated ask yourself — how do I treat non English speakers in my home town? If someone comes up to you on the street and says “uhhh, go me Elem Street where?” do you hit them and steal their money? Laugh at them? No, odds are you do your best to help them. And that’s how (most) people will treat you.” 😛