Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
I’m continually amazed by the number of people who feel the need to convince others on the Internet about well… anything.
Well I suppose I’m not really “amazed” since it does seem to happen so often. This week’s post Should you dress up when flying first class? has gotten quite the share of angry commenters. So I thought I’d take a look back at the 9 posts of mine that have gotten the most angry comments. They’re listed in descending order of most comments, with #1 being the post with the most comments
The top 9 posts with the angriest commenters
- Should children be allowed to sit in business or first class? (26 comments) – We start things off with what often seems to incite people – families flying with children versus those without kids who don’t want kids bothering them
- Why parents of children flying should NOT give “goodie bags” to fellow passengers (28) – Continuing the theme of families vs. those who would prefer child-free flights, we talk about a lady flying with her young daughter who made special goodie bags for her fellow passengers. A nice gesture but IMO unnecessary. SEE ALSO: I’m sick of having to BRIBE people to act human while flying
- Well…. I didn’t get my Hyatt Diamond status (30) – I didn’t get the Hyatt Diamond status that Hyatt was matching, and everyone pretty much told me to stop whining
- [REVIEW] Disappointed by the Radisson Blu Dubai Deira Creek (30) – I didn’t like my stay at the Radisson Blu Dubai Deira Creek and again, people told me to stop whining. Hmm I’m sensing a pattern…
- Upgrading to first class – the best 80 cents* I ever spent! (31) – I thought that nobody would think that I LITERALLY spent 80 cents to fly first class but… people did. And they were angry at what they perceived was click-bait. Also, just missing the Top 9 cutoff was Southwest just PAID me to take the same flight, another one with people angry about what they perceived as a clickbait headline.
- Sorry, I’m TAKING my bag in an airplane emergency (36) – In perhaps a first in the history of the Internet, someone’s mind was actually changed by the comments of random online strangers! While I initially said that in case of an airplane emergency I was planning on taking my laptop bag with me, I later revisited my thoughts and have now decided to evacuate without my bag.
You’re the type of person that shouldn’t have children”
- Passenger: “You’re the type of parent that should not have children” (49) – This was a recounting of the story of a little brouhaha my wife and I got into with a fellow passenger on a Southwest flight. Again, it’s divided mostly into people who fly with children and people who don’t want to.
- Can you save seats with Southwest Airlines seating? (61) – This must come up in Google searches, because I will regularly get comments with people venting about how they
- Should you dress up when flying first class? (67) – 67 comments and still going strong. People apparently are very upset with my wearing shorts and a T-shirt while flying Emirates First class. Actually comments on this one are fairly split on both sides of the argument, which makes for some interesting “discussion”
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading these angry comments? Which one was your favorite?