Here’s some news and notes from around the travel world that you might be interested in:
- Coach Passenger Kicked Off American Airlines For Using First Class Overhead Bin – View from the Wing. As someone who frequently travels in coach, I am always passing by the bins labeled for “first class passengers” and wondering if they ever get filled…
- Hyatt Hotels’ Award Games Unfairly Impact Travelers With Disabilities – Award Wallet. Great reporting from former PWaC writer Carissa Rawson. I was glad to see that after Award Wallet posted this, Hyatt cracked down on some of these hotels and opened up the correct amount of availability.
- 12-Year-Old Boy Evades Airport Security And Sneaks Onto Kuwait-Bound Plane Without Anyone Noticing – Paddle Your Own Kanoo. It amazes me how this can happen sometimes…
- Considering Buying Extra Seat(s) for International Flight to Asia – Miles for Family. An interesting question about whether it makes sense to buy an extra seat just for the additional room on longer flights. I can see situations where it would make sense, especially when the cost of miles and points is low compared to the length of the flight.
- That time I left $3,000 in gift cards in my hotel room safe – Frequent Miler. Glad to see there was a successful resolution to this. I once “lost” thousands of dollars of gift cards but in my case it was just in my own dining room. (I also managed to find them later)
Up for more travel news? You might like our last recap post – Ryanair Ordered to Pay €31,000 After Woman Broke Her Leg in Two Places When She Fell Down Aircraft Steps
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them