Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- United has announced that they are bringing back preboarding for families (with children under 2 years old). Personally I like Southwest’s policy for family boarding.
- Interested in staying in San Luis Obispo, CA? You can get $100 if you stay there 2 nights (it appears that award stays would ALSO count towards this.
- Doctor of Credit is reporting that you can get a $25 Visa gift card for (not) test driving a Kia. I say “not” because in my experience, you never have to actually test drive the car. Just print out the form, go to the dealership, hand them the form, and they’ll sign it. Usually takes less than 5 minutes – see also: How to test drive cars for fun and profit – looking at the 7500 American miles offer or $25 gift card for test driving a Subaru Forester.
- We know that American is devaluing their award chart next month. We haven’t really been sure about how they will handle award changes for awards booked before the devaluation, but View from the Wing reports that the award change policy will be better than expected
- Kenny over at Miles4More writes about turning lemons into lemonade with booking standard awards. I’ve written about this before – Sometimes you’ve got to suck it up and book a standard award.
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Here’s 2 different ways to get arrested while travel hacking