Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
IHG Rewards Club just launched a non-targeted promotion. For 4 days only, you will receive 100% bonus on purchased points, when purchasing a minimum of 5,000 points.
- Minimum 5,000 points required to receive 100% bonus.
- Offer available for purchases made by 11:59 PM February 17, 2016.
- Bonus points will be awarded upon completion of the transaction and only to the recipient of the points purchase.
- Purchased points are not refundable and are applicable toward all IHG Rewards Club awards.
- A maximum of 60,000 points can be purchased or gifted per calendar year.
- Allow 72 hours for points to post and appear in the recipient’s account.
- Purchase is processed by Points.com.
If you max out on this bonus, you will end up with 120,000 points for a total cost of $690, an average cost of 0.575 cent per point. This is the lowest price IHG sells points and it runs similar promotion several times a year.
If you have the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card, you also get a 10% refund on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points back each year.
Is it a good deal?
Buying points merely because they are on sale never makes any sense. But if you have a good use for them, buying points can lower the cost of your hotel stay substantially. For example, with this sale, you can
- stay at a point break hotel (including some InterContinental hotels) for 5,000 points, or $28.75 per night.
- bring a family of 5 to Holiday Inn Suites Ocean City Maryland during the summer for 40,000 points per night or $230, compared to nightly rate of over $450.
- stay at InterContinental hotels in Tokyo or Osaka for 50,000 points a night or $287.50, compared to nightly rate of over $350.
[SEE ALSO: IHG Q1 17 Point Break map and sortable table ]
[SEE ALSO: Hotels for Large Family using points ]
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them