SilkAir, subsidiary regional airline of Singapore Airlines, is running a promotion where you can get 50% off of award flights between their Singapore hub and 53 SilkAir destinations this summer. All you have to do is book online at singaporeair.com.
This deal is extremely good if you can take advantage of it. Obviously, you’d have to get to Singapore if you are U.S.-based, but it could add some new opportunities if you already have a trip planned to Southwest Asia. Prices start at only 3,750 miles. Some great economy routes include:
- Singapore to Bali, Kota Kinabalu, or Bandung for 3,750 miles
- Singapore to Siam Reap for Phnom Penh, Ko Samui, Vientiane, or Mandalay for 6,250 miles
- Singapore to Chengdu, Shenzen, Changsha, Kunming, or Xiamen for 7,500 miles
- Singapore to Male, Colombo, and several Indian destinations for 9,250 miles
- Singapore to Cairns for 14,000 miles
Business class awards are available, too, at 50% off. You can find the normal award prices on their award chart. Considering most of the flights are regional, I’m not sure it’s a great use of miles.
How to get Singapore miles
Singapore KrisFlyer is a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards, American Express Membership Rewards, and Citi ThankYou, so their points are quite easy to come by. The program recently devalued, but the changes *did* include the elimination of fuel surcharges [SEE: 3 big Singapore KrisFlyer devaluations (and a possible silver lining)] on both its own flights and on SilkAir flights.
Book anytime through July 11, and travel between July 1 and October 31.