Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- I really enjoyed Freakin Flyers’ post about 8 pains of a nomadic life. They also shared 2 things that everyone THINKS will be a pain, but aren’t actually that bad
- I definitely have a weird relationship with money (SEE: what a budget looks like for a family of 8) – so I enjoyed Jeffsetter’s podcast about their costs in Bora Bora. Even with no lodging costs (because their hotels were covered with points or free night certificates), they still ended up paying $100-$200 a night. For our upcoming week-long trip in Europe, I’m definitely trying to keep our costs down – SEE ALSO: Why I didn’t spend $9,144.92 on my vacation
- Gary from View from the Wing is one of the travel hackers who has been doing it the longest – here’s his take on the the miles I’ve missed and the mistakes I’ve made, including actually (gasp!) letting some miles expire!
- One of the things on my travel bucket list is visiting every station in the New York City subway. (There’s even a Guinness world record for it!). So I was intrigued to find out that the new 34th street Hudson Yards station is opening!
- The Deal Mommy gives some good tips on what to watch for when traveling to South Africa with kids
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Travel hacking acronyms, a way to churn Amex, Diamond challenge, Monaco and more!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them