Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- I really enjoyed Freakin Flyers’ post about 8 pains of a nomadic life. They also shared 2 things that everyone THINKS will be a pain, but aren’t actually that bad
- I definitely have a weird relationship with money (SEE: what a budget looks like for a family of 8) – so I enjoyed Jeffsetter’s podcast about their costs in Bora Bora. Even with no lodging costs (because their hotels were covered with points or free night certificates), they still ended up paying $100-$200 a night. For our upcoming week-long trip in Europe, I’m definitely trying to keep our costs down – SEE ALSO: Why I didn’t spend $9,144.92 on my vacation
- Gary from View from the Wing is one of the travel hackers who has been doing it the longest – here’s his take on the the miles I’ve missed and the mistakes I’ve made, including actually (gasp!) letting some miles expire!
- One of the things on my travel bucket list is visiting every station in the New York City subway. (There’s even a Guinness world record for it!). So I was intrigued to find out that the new 34th street Hudson Yards station is opening!
- The Deal Mommy gives some good tips on what to watch for when traveling to South Africa with kids
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Travel hacking acronyms, a way to churn Amex, Diamond challenge, Monaco and more!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them