Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Amtrak Guest Rewards is making it easier for members to qualify or re-qualify for tier status in 2021.
Already last April, Amtrak had provided an extension of each member’s current status all the way through 2022.
Now, some new changes could be even more beneficial for Guest Rewards members, considering how difficult travel has been over the past year.
How Do I Earn Amtrak Guest Rewards Tier Status Faster?
It’s now simpler for members to qualify or re-qualify for tier status: All travelers will receive double the amount of Tier Qualifying Points (TQPs) they earn on Amtrak travel in 2021. As of July 7, members will earn 4 TQPs per dollar spent on Amtrak travel. This is double the standard TQPs.
This change will help in expediting the process to reach the TQPs required for Select, Select Plus and Select Executive tier status. In addition, the double TQPs will be awarded retroactively. That means it will include member Amtrak trips since January 1, 2021! The best part about this promotion is that there is no need to register or take any further action. The additional TQPs will automatically be credited to each member’s account.
What Are the Details?
Below are the additional pertinent details for the promotion. You can also read more on the Amtrak website here.
- Members of Amtrak Guest Rewards will earn double the standard award of Tier Qualifying Points (TQPs) for Amtrak travel in 2021.
- TQPs are points earned during the calendar year that count toward tier status qualification.
- The standard TQP award for Amtrak travel is 2 TQPs per dollar spent.
- TQP points for the Double TQP promotion will be awarded retroactively to include qualifying Amtrak travel completed between January 1, 2021, and July 6, 2021. Between July 7, 2021, and December 31, 2021, points awarded for the Double TQP promotion will post at the same time as other earnings for the trip.
- Trips must be completed by 11:59pm ET on December 31, 2021 to qualify. Visit Program Terms to view full program terms and conditions.
For Amtrak Guest Rewards members who are working to earn or maintain tier status, this is great news. Let’s hope that travel continues to become easier in the back half of 2021!
What are your thoughts on this promotion? Will it benefit you? Let us know in the comments below!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them