Here is news and notes from around the travel world – a sampling of some of the recent articles and posts that I found most interesting:
- I had an interesting read of Gary Leff (from View from the Wing) sharing his experience as an expert witness in a lawsuit involving business frequent flyer accounts, and who actually is entitled to those benefits
- Interested in the miles required to go from any country to any other country on any airline? Check out the new app Mile Matrix (shameless self-promotion!!)
- Don’t Call the Airline shared an experience of trying to get around the minimum stay requirements at certain IHG hotels.
- Loyalty Traveler shows the change in award categories for Hyatt hotels on a year-by-year basis from 2009-2015
- View from the Wing reports on how mistake fares are handled when the US Department of Transportation is NOT involved.
- The Wandering Aramean lets us know that Routehappy data (wi-fi, entertainment details, etc) is now included in Google Flights results.
- Running With Miles shares how to upgrade an Amex card to the Hilton Surpass for an additional 50,000 Hilton points, even if you already have the Surpass card!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them