Today is the first day of the USTA’s annual Daily Getaways, in which travel products are offered up at reduced prices every weekday at 1pm ET. Today’s offer sets the tone for the five week promotion period, in which we see the return of old favorites, like discounted rates on car rentals, and some not so amazing deals on points purchases. Like this one.
Buy IHG Points for .5 Cents Each
If you’re wanting to stock up on IHG points, this admittedly isn’t the worst deal. We regularly see bonus sales that match this promotion, though one perk of buying through Daily Getaways is that the points don’t add to your annual purchased points cap. There are five levels to this promotion:
- Buy 2,500 points for $12 (250 available, limit five per person)
- Buy 5,000 points for $25 (700 available, limit five per person)
- Buy 25,000 points for $125 (601 available, limit five per person)
- Buy 50,000 points for $250 (549 available, limit five per person)
- Buy 100,000 points for for $500 (534 available, limit five per person)
- Direct link to Daily Getaways’ website here
- Theoretically you can purchase up to 25 packages worth of points for a maximum of 912,500 points, which is enough for an amazing vacation at literally any IHG hotel in the world.
- There are only about 2,500 packages available and if there are any deals worth having, they tend to go fast, so you’ll need to be at your computer at exactly 1pm ET.
- Purchases should be coded as travel, so you’ll want to use a card that maximizes your earn, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Citi Prestige.
Are you jumping on this deal?
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them