Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Delta’s weekly SkyMiles sale is up, with a variety of destinations across the globe. A few of these seem like a really good use of Delta’s frequent flyer miles, though notable fees on many routes cut into that. Your best values are probably some of the Oktoberfest flights or, generally, non-stop flights. Be sure to check out all cash options, including competitors, if you’re looking to maximize your miles’ value. Also, these deals do have extremely limited travel windows (1 week), so flexibility may not work to your advantage. Some good choices (all round trip):
- Los Angeles to Munich DURING OKTOBERFEST from 40K + $108 (cash: $1800) – 4.23 cents per mile (cpm)
- Atlanta to Dublin nonstop from 38K + $47 (cash: $1234) – 3.13 cpm
- New York JFK to Bermuda nonstop from 12K + $130 (cash: $440) – 2.58 cpm
- Salt Lake City to Munich DURING OKTOBERFEST from 74K + $109 (cash $1569) – 1.97 cpm
- Boston to Bermuda nonstop from 20K + $130 (cash: $460) – 1.65 cpm
These are main cabin fares, including a checked bag and seat selection. When comparing to cash prices, make sure not to compare to basic economy fares. See the deals page for specific dates plus terms and conditions. I’m not sure how long the best deals will last, so book sooner rather than later if these dates work for you.
How to Book
- Visit the airline to search for sample dates and destinations
- See SkyMiles Deals page for specific windows per route
- No minimum stay required; 30 maximum
Good luck and happy flying!
H/T Doctor of Credit
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them