Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- Frequent Miler shared some of the end of year offers that contribute to (sometimes unneeded) stress. Take a look at the things that you’re doing and feel free to skip ones that aren’t necessary.
- Here were 6 top airline customer service moments from 2015, including a flight attendant communicating with a toddler in sign language, and a gate agent honoring a fallen soldier by singing the Star-Spangled Banner.
- Is your name Patricia, or do you know someone who is? After Hurricane Patricia did extensive damage to Mexico earlier in the year, the Mexico tourism board is inviting “Good” Patricias by sponsoring a #WelcomePatricias contest for a free all-inclusive trip to a Mexican resort. If your name is Patricia, you can enter for a chance to win
- According to View from the Wing – Southwest is rolling out technology that will allow them to assign seats and potentially offer a first class cabin. It’s still probably too early to tell if they actually are planning on DOING either of those things, but the technology is coming. (What took them so long, I wonder)
- The 2nd #ResellingDo meetup date and location has been announced. I have been doing a bit more reselling lately as a way to hedge against the churning rules being tightened. I missed the first ResellingDo meetup but I am hoping to attend this one.
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: The secret to business award availability to Europe. Plus award changes, a pedestrian bridge, #FT4RL speakers, no more desks in hotels and more