Do you have the card formerly known as the American Express Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) card? That card is now known as the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (consumer/personal card). The old SPG Amex card earned 3 Marriott points per dollar, it had since suffered a devaluation to 2 Marriott points per dollar. So if you had that old card, here’s an offer that’s available for a limited time.
What’s the Marriott Bonvoy Amex Card limited time offer
- Earn 25,000 bonus points after you spend $25,000 in qualifying purchases on your registered Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card
- You have until April 7, 2019 to register.
- Click here to register. (Link courtesy of Doctor of Credit and DansDeals)
- This is valid between the time you complete registration and December 31, 2019
- Earn up to 100,000 maximum amount of bonus points (up to 4x at $25,000 = $100,000 spend)
- Spend $25,000 through 12/31 – earn 25,000 bonus points
- Spend $50,000 through 12/31 – earn 50,000 bonus points
- Spend $75,000 through 12/31 – earn 75,000 bonus points
- Spend $100,000 through 12/31 – earn 100,000 bonus points
- Spending will only count after you register (must register by April 7, 2019)
- You are not eligible to register for this offer if your Card Account was opened after January 24, 2019.
- See Terms and Conditions below
As seen in Doctor of Credit:
By spending in exact $25k increments, you land up back to the old SPG Amex reward rates, e.g. if you spend $25k you’ll get 75k total points (50k from regular earn + 25k from bonus) which is 3x Marriott points per dollar, the equivalent of 1x SPG point per dollar. Depending on how you value these points, it could become a nice option for everyday spend.
This is the closest we’ve seen to the way the old SPG Amex program worked. So if you were a fan of the 3:1 value with the old program, will you take advantage of this offer? Do you see yourself spending up to $100K before the end of the year to maximize this offer? Let us know.
Oh, and speaking of Bonvoy, don’t forget to read this latest entry: