Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Do you have the card formerly known as the American Express Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) card? That card is now known as the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (consumer/personal card). The old SPG Amex card earned 3 Marriott points per dollar, it had since suffered a devaluation to 2 Marriott points per dollar. So if you had that old card, here’s an offer that’s available for a limited time.
What’s the Marriott Bonvoy Amex Card limited time offer
- Earn 25,000 bonus points after you spend $25,000 in qualifying purchases on your registered Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card
- You have until April 7, 2019 to register.
- Click here to register. (Link courtesy of Doctor of Credit and DansDeals)
- This is valid between the time you complete registration and December 31, 2019
- Earn up to 100,000 maximum amount of bonus points (up to 4x at $25,000 = $100,000 spend)
- Spend $25,000 through 12/31 – earn 25,000 bonus points
- Spend $50,000 through 12/31 – earn 50,000 bonus points
- Spend $75,000 through 12/31 – earn 75,000 bonus points
- Spend $100,000 through 12/31 – earn 100,000 bonus points
- Spending will only count after you register (must register by April 7, 2019)
- You are not eligible to register for this offer if your Card Account was opened after January 24, 2019.
- See Terms and Conditions below
As seen in Doctor of Credit:
By spending in exact $25k increments, you land up back to the old SPG Amex reward rates, e.g. if you spend $25k you’ll get 75k total points (50k from regular earn + 25k from bonus) which is 3x Marriott points per dollar, the equivalent of 1x SPG point per dollar. Depending on how you value these points, it could become a nice option for everyday spend.
This is the closest we’ve seen to the way the old SPG Amex program worked. So if you were a fan of the 3:1 value with the old program, will you take advantage of this offer? Do you see yourself spending up to $100K before the end of the year to maximize this offer? Let us know.
Oh, and speaking of Bonvoy, don’t forget to read this latest entry: