Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
I just got wind of a new promotion that Frontier Airlines is running where they will give you Elite20K status (their lowest of 3 statuses) after flying just 2 roundtrip flights within the next 2 months (through the middle of October)
Frontier Elite20K status challenge details
Here is the fine print for the Frontier Elite20K challenge
- Book and fly two round trips (4 nonstop flights) and be granted Elite 20k status until December 31, 2018.
- All flights must be completed by 11:59 pm EST on October 15, 2018 for nonstop flights.
- Registration required by completing the form above and providing all information.
- Account must be registered 48 hours prior to first qualifying flight.
- Elite 20k will be reflected on a registered account within 48 hours of final qualifying flight.
- FRONTIER Miles℠ number must be provided at the time of booking for flights to be considered qualifying for this promotion.
- Award tickets or free tickets of any kind are not considered qualifying for this promotion.
So what good is Frontier Elite status
Well… that’s a good question 🙂 . Getting elite status on Frontier (or even flying Frontier) is certainly not for everyone, but with the recent changes that Frontier made to its elite program and co-branded credit card (SEE ALSO: Frontier and Barclays just released something no other cobranded credit card does), I could see some value for certain segments of people
Here is a rundown of the benefits of Frontier Elite20K status (which is their lowest of 3 levels of status)
You’ll get a free carryon, and you’ll have free seat assignments at check-in and then an upgrade to a stretch seat if it’s available at check-in. Unfortunately that seat selection only applies to the elite member himself – you have to be an Elite50K member to have it apply to others on your reservation
You also get waived award redemption fees and unlock family miles pooling for yourself and up to 8 members of your family
So, this challenge is certainly not for everybody but may make sense for some, especially with how cheap Frontier fares often are during their (very very very regular fare sales) – register here (at least 48 hours before your first flight)
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them