Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
TAP Portugal and their Star Alliance partner Air Canada are teeming up for great deals to Europe from Miami and Chicago again. A few weeks ago it was American airlines and her partners with a central European sale from these cities; it’s nice to see a minor fare war not based in New York or Los Angeles. What makes this even better is that while these fares are available starting this fall, they generally are wide open into next May. So if you’re unable to visit (or aren’t interested in) Europe in the winter, you can book flights to Amsterdam, Brussels, Florence and more during perfect springtime weather.
- Barcelona: Miami from $319, Chicago from $329
- Amsterdam: Miami from $359, Chicago from $437
- Brussels: Miami from $365, Chicago from $516
- Zurich: Miami from $366, Chicago from $484
- Copenhagen: Miami from $366, Chicago from $489
- Paris: Miami from $382
- Geneva: Miami from $406, Chicago from $523
- Florence: Miami from$413, Chicago from $536
These are basic economy fares with main cabin running $90 – $140 more depending on route. That’s still very good price for spring trans-Atlantic travel. Plus, if you book directly with TAP you are eligible for a free stopover in Lisbon or Porto, allowing “2 for 1” trips to Europe.
Speaking of booking, these flights are pretty erratic. I found Miami – Barcelona pricing at $352 on Google Flights, but clicking through to book directly with Air Canada the price was $319. Searching on Orbitz gave me slightly higher basic economy prices than Google Flights, but lower main cabin buy-ups in several cases. I recommend starting with Google Flights with dates that work for you and then checking with the airlines or your favorite online travel agencies for best prices.
- Departure: Miami
- Stops: Montreal
- Arrival: Barcelona
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination
- September/October/November 2019 – May 2020
- 6-day stay required
Good luck and happy flying!