Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
It is time for the the next Frequent Traveler University, which is coming up in Chicago on the weekend of June 1-2, 2019 at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare Chicago
FTU bills itself as a way to learn the insider tips, tricks and secrets to using frequent flyer miles, hotel points and credit card rewards in a small group environment. FTU Signature combines high-quality topics and indispensable social networking with like-minded travelers to create an unforgettable attendee experience
FTU Signature Chicago 2019
FTU Signature is what I think of as more of the “traditional” FTU – this is the whole weekend and your ticket includes
- Two days of educational sessions.
- Lunch on Saturday and Sunday with iced tea or lemonade
- Internet in the conference rooms.
- For the first 75 people to purchase a ticket: Free pizza dinner with soft drinks on Friday night!*
Here’s a list of the topics
- Award Booking In 2019: The Good, Bad, and Ugly By Matthew Klint
- Travel On Southwest Airlines Like A Pro By Marissa Sutera
- Manufactured Spend: Techniques By Mike Graziano
- What You Need To Know About Rental Car Awards By Jason Steele
- Extremely Valuable, Yet Affordable, Hotel Point Redemptions By Jon & Ben Nickel D’Andrea
- Time & System Management about Earning Points By Elijah Huang
- Invaluable Rewards: Using Your Miles Beyond First Class Flights and Hotels By Jason Steele
- On the Joy of Travel (Interview by Matthew Klint) By Rudy Maxa
- Travel Reflections By Rudy Maxa
- How to get the Most Miles for your Online Shopping with Cashback Monitor By Yansong Wang
- Roundtable Discussion – The Future of Miles and Points Moderated by Matthew Klint
- Comparing the Big Three: American Vs. Delta Vs. United By Kyle Stewart
- Mileage Running in 2019 By Kevin Song
- The Future of Manufacturing Spending: Looking Ahead To 2019 And Beyond By Mike Graziano
- Time & System Management about Burning Points By Elijah Huang
- How to Get (Almost) Anywhere with Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan By Jon & Ben Nickel D’Andrea
- Hidden Gems: Mileage Programs for US Flyers By Daniel Yan
- Expert Advice on Disney Travel By Win Schaeffer
- Family Travel Like the Pros By Kyle Stewart
- Advanced Credit Card Strategies By Shawn Fan
You can read the full session lineup at the FTU Chicago website. There are sessions on travel, manufactured spending, as well as a roundtable discussion on the future of miles and points.
Tickets are $249 though I have codes for $30 off (making your total price $219 – see below)
FTU Chicago 2019 promo code
There is one set of FTU Chicago 2019 promo codes for $35 off of FTU Chicago 2019, using promo code EASTER. This code gives $30 off registration, regularly $249. This code expires at midnight PST April 22, 2019, lowering the weekend ticket cost to just $219
You’ll also get a “free” Pizza dinner Friday night, May 31st (attendees will get a RSVP email prior to the event, limited to first 75 participants to register, includes pizza and soft drinks.). I put “free” in quotation marks because technically it’s “free” with your $219 purchase :-). Perhaps “included” would be a better way to put it? 🙂
Should you go to FTU Chicago 2019?
I’ve had fun at conferences like this. For many of us, we are the only “miles and points” people in our area, so it can be fun to spend time with other people who “get it”.
Disclosure – I receive a commission if you buy tickets through my link.