Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
With Game of Thrones ending its run on HBO, I’m looking at at fares for some of the major filming locations for the show. Seeing GoT filming sites isn’t the only reason you’d want to visit Dublin or Belfast, of course; the deep history of both locations is wonderful, as are the current cities and their people. I’m personally a fan of St. Patrick’s Cathedral and the Guinness Distillery in Dublin (I have yet to visit Belfast). But seeing Winterfell, one of The Twins, and other locations in “The North” is a pretty nifty opportunity too.
Fares are available from late October to early December. Not all of these fares are “discounts” but they still represent good prices.
- Dublin: Philadelphia from $330 (American); New York from $339 (TAP); Boston from $339(TAP); Chicago from $433 (TAP)
- Belfast (all Norwegian Air): Boston from $492; New York from $519; Chicago from $537; San Francisco from $512; Los Angeles from $522
These are all basic economy fares. Each carrier has different rules, so make sure to check the options available for each route. If basic economy doesn’t work for you, buying up is available from $100-$160 round trip, though it may be cheaper to pay for seats. Dublin and Belfast and their surrounding countrysides are excellent destinations for a trip, whatever you watch on television.
- Departure: PHL
- Stops: None
- Arrival: DUB
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination
- Late October to early December, 2019
- Stay requirements differ by route, but as short as 2 days
Where to Stay in Belfast or Dublin
- AC Hotel Belfast
- Hilton Belfast
- The Morrison DoubleTree Dublin
- Holiday Inn Express Dublin City Centre
(SEE ALSO: 9 of the best hotels in Dublin, Ireland)
Things to Do in Belfast or Dublin When Not Touring GoT Sites
Good luck and happy flying!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them