I got an email from Marriott Bonvoy encouraging me to vote for them in the TPG Readers’ Choice Awards, which apparently is a thing. After I got off the floor from laughing at the fact that I would be voting for Marriott Bonvoy in anything other than the “Worst Hotel Loyalty Program” or “Worst Merger Integration”, I thought I’d take a vote.
Here is who I voted for in each of the categories
- Best Premium Travel Credit Card (annual fee $300+) – Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
- Best Travel Rewards Credit Card (annual fee <$300) – Chase Sapphire Preferred (60,000 Ultimate Rewards welcome offer)
- Best No-Annual-Fee Credit Card – Citi Double Cash
- Best Credit Card Perk – Top-tier Hilton Diamond status (Hilton Aspire)
- Best New/Refreshed Credit Card – American Express Gold Card (4x on dining/supermarkets and limited-edition Rose Gold)
- Best Business Credit Card – The Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express
- Best Airline Cobranded Credit Card – N/A (I didn’t think any of the options were really very special)
- Best Hotel Cobranded Credit Card – Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
- Best US Airline Loyalty Program – N/A
- Best US Airline Elite Status – Southwest Companion Pass
- Best International Airline Loyalty Program – N/A
- Best Domestic Award Sweet Spot – N/A (one of the options was United flights to Hawaii using Turkish Miles but I figured I didn’t want to give that any extra publicity 😀 )
- Best International Award Sweet Spot – Cathay Pacific premium class to Asia using Alaska miles
- Best Transferable Points Currency – Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Best Hotel Loyalty Program – World of Hyatt – get up to 50,000 World of Hyatt points with the World of Hyatt card)
- Best Hotel Elite Status – World of Hyatt Globalist
- Best Car Rental Company – N/A
- Best Homeshare Platform – Airbnb (get $40 off your first stay here)
- Best Rideshare Platform – N/A – to me there is no appreciable difference between Uber and Lyft
- Best Luggage Brand – N/A (seriously?)
As you can see, I didn’t vote in every category, and in some of the categories, it felt like there were several options that were about equal.
You can vote here until November 15th.
Who are you voting for?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
To be honest no-one should vote. Each company will use these statistics to further devalue their offerings. We have always learned than when a perk is too good, the hotel/airline will soon devalue it.
Also Marriott is laughable.
Good point for sure! That’s why I didn’t vote for the Turkish sweet spot
I tried to imagine what TPG would want me to vote for and then I picked something else.
Why give TPG any press? He’s so biased at this point.
I’ve come to the realization that TPG is a soulless shill. I was willing to cut the guy and site some slack until the whole Marriott post debacle earlier this year, but that situation showed such a stunning lack of integrity that even I was shocked. Consequently, I have no interest in aiding TPG by participating in a vote.
Why would anyone vote for this?? Randy Petersen (Flyertalk – Inside Flyer) created the Freddie Awards, and now TPG comes along and copies it??
Good choices Dan! I voted for a few, and I almost hate to say I kept quiet about a couple of “open secrets” as well. Got to protect some of the best perks available.