Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Finding a flight to Europe for under $300 is common from the east coast, but it’s extremely rare from California and the west. But right now multiple airlines are offering excellent deals from November through May to Paris from L.A. and the Bay Area. That includes Thanksgiving but not Christmas and New Year’s. What’s even better: sale prices extend throughout summer of 2020 for under $500. That means you could save around 50% on a summer vacation by planning early. Spring prices:
- Los Angeles from $247 (American and Oneworld partners)
- San Francisco from $335 (United & Star Alliance; through March)
- San Jose from $337 (UA)
Summer prices are excellent as well.
- San Jose from $397 (UA/Air Canada)
- San Francisco from $413 (United; Delta is $50 more)
- Los Angeles from $443 (AA/UA/DL all within $20)
These are basic economy prices, including a carry-on and meals. But main cabin is only $120 more, meaning round trips with seat choice and a checked bag are below $400 in winter and spring, and $600 in summer. Or, if you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve, you can redeem just 27,000 Ultimate Rewards points for a main cabin round trip to Paris this spring! That’s 108K UR for a family of four to Paris and back home. Considering a good award deal from the major airlines would be 60,000 miles round trip for just 1 person, this is an excellent redemption if you use UR for family travel.
These prices are available through online travel agencies like Orbitz and Expedia, and sometimes directly through the airlines. However, AA is already repricing these a bit higher than Google Flights, so these may disappear sooner rather than later. If you’re looking to go to Paris any time in the next 10 months, act now.
- Departure: Los Angeles
- Stops: Helsinki
- Arrival: Paris
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination.
- November through May; June and July 020
- 7-day stay required
Where to Stay in Paris
- Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
- Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame
- Crowne Plaza Paris – République (SEE ALSO: Crowne Plaza Paris Republique Review: Decent base for exploring the city)
Things to Do in Paris
Good luck and happy flying!