Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Occasionally I see some interesting travel related products being crowd funded that I think you guys might be interested in. We’ve talked about the Tropic travel shoe, and the Hypercube charger, among others. Here’s a few of the travel related crowd funded projects that I’ve seen
Travel related kickstarters:
- Simurgh Ultima All-Weather Windbreaker ($18,773 funded; fund by Mar 24)
- Evolutionary Backpack | Perfect for Travel, Work, and Beyond ($121,215 funded; fund by Apr 14)
- HOMI All-Climate Tactical Jacket ($53,114 funded; fund by Apr 20)
- Benro Theta: the Intelligent Modular Travel Tripod ($561,201 funded; fund by Apr 21)
- Feiyu Pocket 3: Cordless Detachable 3-Axis Gimbal Camera ($457,241 funded; fund by May 6)
- HEIPI: The Lightest and Most Compact 3-in-1 Travel Tripod (already funded; no end date)
- RetraStrap luggage travel strap (already funded; no end date)
- Uphold - Pocket-Size Reusable Folding Travel Cutlery (already funded; no end date)
Today I wanted to talk a bit about the Banale Backpack, which bills itself as a new category of urban backpack.
It is on Kickstarter only through this THURSDAY (January 10th) at 10AM EST. All Kickstarter links in this post may pay me a commission if you boost the project through my link.
Banale backpack features
There area a lot (a LOT) of backpacks and backpack kickstarters out there. What the Banale Backpack does that is slightly different is that it is allows you to separate things out and only carry what you need it, when you need it. You can just carry the main backpack if you are only carrying a few things, or you can add the second compartment / duffel bag and use the wrapping strip to carry it all.
Here are a few pictures of the Banale backpack
Note that there is a regular Banale Backpack as well as a PRO version – you can see some of the differences here.
Banale backpack video
Here’s a video showing off some of the different options and features of the Banale backpack
Here’s another video from Diego, the bag’s designer
Banale backpack backing levels and cost
The Banale backpack is on Kickstarter and has currently raised over €70,000 from a€10,000 goal. Here are a few of the levels that you can back the project at
- €69 (about USD$79) for one Banale Backpack (48% off the retail price of €135)
- €89 for one Banale Backpack and one duffel bag
- €99 for one Banale Backpack and one active kit
- €109 for one Banale Backpack Pro
- €129 for one Banale Backpack Pro and one duffel bag
- €139 for one Banale Backpack and one active kit
- €149 for two Banale Backpacks
- €169 for two backpackas – one Banale Backpack pro and one regular
- €189 for two Banale Backpack Pros
Again, here is the link to back the Banale backpack kickstarter – you have only until Thursday January 10th at 10:00 a.m. EST to back the project, and the Banale backpack is currently scheduled to ship in May 2019
What do you think of this backpack? Planning on backing this? Leave your experience in the comments!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Prices make no sense:
€69 (about USD$79) for one Banale Backpack (48% off the retail price of €35)
€149 for two Banale Backpacks
retail price is supposed to be 135 (typo) – it’s fixed now
But also two cost more than two times price of one.