Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Occasionally I see some interesting travel related products being crowd funded that I think you guys might be interested in. We’ve talked about the Tropic travel shoe, the Cleansebot bacteria killing robot, and the Hypercube charger, among others. Here’s a few of the travel related crowd funded projects that I’ve seen
Travel related kickstarters:
- Simurgh Ultima All-Weather Windbreaker ($18,773 funded; fund by Mar 24)
- Evolutionary Backpack | Perfect for Travel, Work, and Beyond ($121,215 funded; fund by Apr 14)
- HOMI All-Climate Tactical Jacket ($53,114 funded; fund by Apr 20)
- Benro Theta: the Intelligent Modular Travel Tripod ($561,201 funded; fund by Apr 21)
- Feiyu Pocket 3: Cordless Detachable 3-Axis Gimbal Camera ($457,241 funded; fund by May 6)
- HEIPI: The Lightest and Most Compact 3-in-1 Travel Tripod (already funded; no end date)
- RetraStrap luggage travel strap (already funded; no end date)
- Uphold - Pocket-Size Reusable Folding Travel Cutlery (already funded; no end date)
Today I wanted to talk a bit about the Jay daypack, which bills itself as a backpack that gives your body a break.
It is on Kickstarter only through this WEDNESDAY (January 16th) at 2PM EST. All Kickstarter links in this post may pay me a commission if you boost the project through my link.
Jay daypack features
Here are a few pictures of the Jay daypack. It comes either in water-resistant Kodra fabric or in leather. The Koala company which makes the Jay daypack originally made a larger backpack called “Joey”, and the Jay daypack is their answer for the situations when you need something a bit smaller.
Jay daypack video
Here’s a video showing off some of the different options and features of the Jay daypack
And here’s a video of some of the testimonials of its sister product, the Joey backpack
Jay daypack backing levels and cost
The Jay daypack is on Kickstarter and has currently raised over $138,000 from a $20,000 goal. Here are a few of the levels that you can back the project at
- $139 for 1 Jay Kodra daypack
- $179 for 1 Jay leather daypack
- $249 for 2 Jay Kodra daypacks
- $299 for 2 daypacks – 1 leather and 1 Kodra
Again, here is the link to back the Jay daypack kickstarter – you have only until Wednesday January 16th at 2:00 p.m. EST to back the project, and the Jay daypack is currently scheduled to ship in June 2019
What do you think of this daypack? Planning on backing this? Leave your experience in the comments!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them