Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
(UPDATE 11/19 – Reposting as the last day to back this is Thursday 11/21 @ 7AM ET)
Occasionally I see some interesting travel related products being crowd funded that I think you guys might be interested in. We’ve talked about the Tropicfeel travel shoe, the Cleansebot bacteria killing robot, and the AirThrone travel lounger, among others. Here’s a few of the travel related crowd funded projects that I’ve seen.
Travel related kickstarters:
- Simurgh Ultima All-Weather Windbreaker ($18,773 funded; fund by Mar 24)
- Evolutionary Backpack | Perfect for Travel, Work, and Beyond ($121,215 funded; fund by Apr 14)
- HOMI All-Climate Tactical Jacket ($53,114 funded; fund by Apr 20)
- Benro Theta: the Intelligent Modular Travel Tripod ($561,201 funded; fund by Apr 21)
- Feiyu Pocket 3: Cordless Detachable 3-Axis Gimbal Camera ($457,241 funded; fund by May 6)
- HEIPI: The Lightest and Most Compact 3-in-1 Travel Tripod (already funded; no end date)
- RetraStrap luggage travel strap (already funded; no end date)
- Uphold - Pocket-Size Reusable Folding Travel Cutlery (already funded; no end date)
Today I wanted to talk a bit about the Sterkmann travel bag, which bills itself as the most organized bag ever. It’s currently on Kickstarter and scheduled to expire in November. All Kickstarter / Indiegogo links in this post may pay me a commission if you boost the project through my link.
Sterkmann travel bag features
Here are a few pictures of the Sterkmann travel bag
Sterkmann travel bag video
Here’s a video showing off some of the different options and features of the Sterkmann travel bag
Sterkmann travel bag backing levels and cost
The Sterkmann travel bag is on Kickstarter and has currently raised over USD$97,000 from a $15,000 goal. Here are a few of the levels that you can back the project at
- $129 for the early bird Sterkmann travel bag
- $139 for one Sterkmann travel bag Christmas special (shipping in December 2019)
- $169 for a Sterkmann travel bag as well as a packing cube, laundry bag, shoe bag and toiletry bag
- $245 for 2 Sterkmann travel bags
Again, here is the link to back the Sterkmann travel bag – they are currently set to ship in February 2020 except for the Christmas specials which ship in December 2019.
What do you think of this travel bag? Planning on backing this? Leave your thoughts in the comments!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
This looks a lot like the Nomad bag that was also on Kickstarter…..
Certainly I won’t disagree with you that there is a ton of overlap / similarity between all of the many bags / carryons / luggage that come out on Kickstarter / Indiegogo, but this appears to be a separate company / product