Today I decided to look at flights to the men’s college basketball championships. After all, it kicks off one month from now, and if you’re feeling confident (or just looking to see some great games) it’s a good time to look for flights to Minneapolis. Delta has affordable prices for championship weekend from airports near several top schools, and you may just be able to snag a deal to watch your team cut down the nets. Not all top schools have great prices, but I did find some good options. All prices are from Thursday April 4 – Tuesday April 9.
- Duke Blue Devils and North Carolina Tar Heels: from Raleigh at $228
- Virginia Cavaliers: from Richmond at $303
- Kentucky Wildcats: from Lexington at $303
- Michigan State Spartans: from Lansing at $281
- Houston Cougars: from George Bush at $287
All of these are basic economy fares on Delta, including carry-on bags; buying up to main economy (including seat selection) will add $30 each way. While you do have 24 hours to cancel any tickets, obviously you won’t know your teams fate until the week before the games, so these are speculation/confidence prices. But there’s always a chance you’ll be there when your team takes the crown.
- Departure: IAH
- Stops: None
- Arrival: MSP
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination
Travel Dates in Minneapolis
- April 4 – 9, 2019
- 5-day stay required
Where to Stay in Minneapolis
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minneapolis Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis /St. Paul Roseville
- Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis Downtown
Things to Do in Minneapolis When Not Watching Basketball
- Minnehaha Park
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
- Chain of Lakes
- Babe the Blue Ox at Paul Bunyan Land (pictured below)
Good luck and happy flying!
(SEE ALSO: Taking Aim: The Frontier Dartboard Adds 15 Routes, Cancels 9 Routes)
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them