Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
TAP Portugal is back with cheap one-way fares to Europe, this time for autumn and winter travel. All of their US origination points are included except Los Angeles, and included with the expected Spanish destinations (more on these later) this time are Paris and Rome. Discounted fares are pretty widely available including a lot of weekends and around Thanksgiving, but Christmas and New Year’s are excluded. If you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve, you can use Ultimate Rewards points @ 1.5 cents each in the Chase travel portal, meaning many of these are better deals than most domestic awards flights.
- New York to Paris from $126 (8.4K UR), Rome from $136
- Miami to Paris from $157, Rome from $214
- Boston to Paris from $178, Rome from $184
- Chicago to Paris from $196, Rome from $204
- San Francisco to Paris from $280, Rome from $233
These are TAP’s basic economy fares, which includes a carry-on (and meals). What’s maybe best about TAP’s fares is that select flights include free stopovers of up to 5 days in Lisbon or Porto, meaning these can lead to “2 in 1” trips. I found stopovers on fares as low as $150, though not on the absolute cheapest deals. Additionally, these fares could be useful for positioning fights for current business class fare round trips from Paris and Rome back to North America via Canada. You could just take the return flight, or use this to set up two trips to Europe each with a single leg in business class.
- Departure: JFK
- Stops: LIS
- Arrival: ORY
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination
- Available September 2019 – March 2020. Specific dates depend on route
- Minimum stay not applicable
Where to Stay in Paris and Rome
- Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
- Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame
- Crowne Plaza Paris – République (SEE ALSO: Crowne Plaza Paris Republique Review: Decent base for exploring the city)
- Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge
- Crown Plaza Rome St. Peter’s
Things to Do in Paris and Rome
- Musee d’Orsay
- Louvre Museum
- Colosseum – see also Dan’s pro-tip for visiting Ancient Rome sites
- Roman Forum
- Trevi Fountain
Good luck and happy flying!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them