Daily Getaway is an annual promotion by the U.S. Travel Association. It offers an opportunity to get up to 60% off on points and deals from major airlines, hotel chains, and other travel companies. Last month we wrote about Daily Getaway 2017 returning on April 10. Well, packages for the first two weeks were just released on Monday April 3. For details, click on each package on the complete 2017 calendar.
Daily Getaway 2017 Week 1 runs April 10-14
- Monday 4/10: $50 Alamo gift certificates for $25 (50% off).
- Tuesday 4/11: MGM Las Vegas getaway packages, ranging in cost from $475 to $1,750;
- Wednesday 4/12: IHG Rewards Club points packages from 8500 points and up to 130,000 points, cost as low as 0.58 cents each, but slightly higher than last year.
- Thursday 4/13: Discounted admission to Busch Gardens and SeaWorld for only $45-50, same as last year.
- Friday 4/13: Packages of 15,000 Wyndham Rewards points for $175.
Daily Getaway 2017 Week 2 runs April 17-21
- Monday 4/17: 10,000 Best Western Rewards points for $55 (same price as last year);
- Tuesday 4/18: Omni Hotel packages, from $160 to $335;
- Wednesday 4/19: Universal Studios Hollywood front of line admission tickets for $139;
- Thursday 4/20: Caesars Las Vegas packages, from $315 and up to $1,500;
- Friday 4/21: Loews Hotel packages, from $275 to $1,300.
My personal take
Honestly I am not finding much excitement in the first two weeks of Daily Getaway packages. The IHG points packages has gone up slightly compared to last year. For example, 100,000 points were sold at $565 last year compared to $589 this year. I still have some points left from the 100,000 IHG point package I purchased two years ago, But I might consider to reload as I do often find value in IHG points. Even at non-inspirational locations such as airport hotels, booking a room using points purchased can still be cheaper than paying cash. Also the points purchased from Daily Getaway does not count towards the annual limit.
I might consider buying the Alamo package and some SeaWorld tickets as my family is heading to Orlando this Christmas. There may be some opportunities for Wyndham points if used for Wyndham Go Fast. The rest, especially Vegas packages, really don’t interest me. So to those who are interested in these packages, you have one less person competing with you at 10am EST on the date of sale. 🙂
Are you interest in any of Daily Getaway 2017 packages for week 1 and week 2?
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them