Interesting news from the award travel world recently
- American Airlines had a record $932 million profit in the first quarter of 2015, thanks mostly to record low fuel costs. Good thing many airlines still try to jack the consumer with fuel surcharges on award tickets!!! (American excepted generally speaking)
- I really like the posts from Drew at Travel is Free – here’s a sweet video that they made from a recent stay they had on the island of Zakynthos, Greece.
- Planning a trip to New York with kids? Here are some great tips on how to navigate the NYC Subway with little ones. Going on every stop on the NYC subway is one of the things on my travel bucket list, but I don’t think I’ll try to tackle that with kids. Even though I took 3 of my kids on a 17 hour car trip with no electronics, some things might be a little TOO much “fun” 🙂
- Nervous about carrying cash while traveling abroad? Here were 10 unusual places to store your money while traveling.
- I actually saw this British Airways commercial used as an example at work. It’s from a few years ago, and uses technology to determine when a plane flying overhead would be visible from Picadilly Circus, which plane it is, and displays the information live on the billboard – pretty slick!
Any other good news you’ve seen?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them