Here’s some news and notes from around the travel world over the past few days that I found interesting. I hope that you will too! As always, if you’ve got other stories you liked, share them in the comments!
- Discussions about the ethics of seat swapping, and a few examples of how it’s gotten rough and tumble out there!
- With the crash of the Germanwings plane in the Alps last month, do we have a future with pilotless planes?
- Did you know that the Mile Matrix is an app that tries to give you the price in miles from any country, to any other country, on any airline?
- Most times travel bloggers like to talk about first class flights in suites and double beds. And that’s fine, and fun to ready about, but did you even know that it was actually (gasp!) POSSIBLE to fly coach on a long-haul flight and have it not suck?!?!?! 😀
- If you missed my guest post on TravelingDads.com about how our family “practices train manners”, you’ll want to check it out! Learn how our family of 8 is getting ready to take our $6500 (free) train trip on Amtrak that we got for free with miles and points. See also: Maximizing the Amtrak zone map.
- Doing some international travel? You’ll want to make sure your passport expiration date won’t cause you any trouble!
- A year of learning to pray by taking a 37,000 mile trip around the globe!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them