Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
We’ve talked a few times about the free money that you can get from SoFi money for signing up an account. I just wanted to post a reminder if you haven’t already signed up and also a mention that the referral bonus on the account is now $25.
You may have already heard of this offer as it has been going around many of the miles and points blogs for the past week or so. But if you haven’t already, it’s an easy way to make at least $25 through signing up for an account at SoFi money.
SoFi Money review
Historically, I have used a Charles Schwab account in order to get money out of ATMs while traveling abroad, since it has good rates and reimburses ATM fees worldwide. But SoFi ALSO reimburses ATM fees worldwide AND does it immediately (instead of having to wait until the end of the month to get the reimbursement)
Plus SoFi Money offers:
- Interest that varies with rates but is currently 1.60%
- No account, monthly, balance, overdraft or other fees
- Easy-to-use web interface and mobile account
- Combine with investing and other accounts
Add an easy $50 signup bonus on top of that and it’s definitely worth signing up for and possibly using as a go-to account at least for traveling
SoFi referral – how to get an easy $25 (or more)
Getting your $50 signup bonus is only currently available through referral links and is super easy. Signing up takes about 2-3 minutes and involves filling out your personal information and linking a bank account for an ACH transfer. You have to put in $100 and in my case, the $25 bonus posted the next day.
This truly is a no-brainer IMO.
Then, if you’re playing in 2 player mode or have another trusted person, you can refer them – that’s where the $75 comes in.
- Use my SoFi referral link (or anyone else’s, if you … sniff… don’t love me 😀 ) to open an account – you’ll get $25
- Then you refer your spouse or other trusted friend – they get $25 and you get $25 for the referral
- Total of $75 to the good, and then you can keep chaining referrals if you want
$100 for signing up with SoFi invest
You can still get an additional $100 for signing up with SoFi invest
- Sign up for SoFi invest. I believe the $100 extra offer is only available through referral links. Here is ours – thanks in advance if you use it.
- Once you click through, you can use your same login from SoFi money. If you don’t have a SoFi money account, why have you not signed up for your $50!
- Pick your stock for your free $100 – there were lots of options to choose from, including index funds.
- You’ll need to fund your SoFi invest account with at least $1000. You can fund that from your SoFi Money account or connect your bank account
- Funding usually takes a few days
You’ll get your $100 after the account is funded. Then if you have a spouse, partner or trusted friend, you can also refer them to get an additional referral bonus. Just remember that the same person can’t refer you to both SoFi Money and SoFi invest. So if you referred your spouse to SoFi money, you’ll want to have him or her refer you to SoFi invest. And you will need to use a referral link to refer the first person to SoFi invest so why not use mine 😀
What do you think of SoFi money? Leave your thoughts on the service in the comments
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them