Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Southwest is celebrating 50 years with a $50 fare sale through the beginning of February. Southwest has continued to offer frequent sale fares as they try to entice travelers to start flying again. Cancellation policies for most airlines have become more flexible given the current uncertainty, but with Rapid Rewards points, Southwest flights are always cancellable.
Deals are available through the Southwest website and are advertised as low as $50 each way. Given the flexibility that Southwest offers from a cancellation perspective, it makes sense to book a trip to take advantage of the low prices. If things don’t improve from a travel standpoint, or your plans change, it will be easy to cancel.
If you don’t have Southwest points, you can still bank a travel credit for a future trip. As a reminder, if Southwest hosts a sale, make sure you check any existing flights you have already purchased. Southwest has no change fees, and if the sale price is lower, you will receive a credit for the difference usable for future Southwest fares. Also, if you change your mind after you buy one of these flights, remember that any fare marketed in the US is free to cancel within 24 hours.
This sale ends February 8 at 11:59 PM Central Time, so you have some time … but it’s best to jump on this deal soon as availability may become more limited as time goes on!
Traveling on Southwest During Coronavirus
Southwest stepped up its COVID-19 response several months ago. The process, which was branded as the “Southwest Promise,” includes enhanced cleaning with electrostatic disinfectant spray, mandatory face coverings for flyers and employees and enhanced social distancing protocols. Bear in mind, the middle seat on all flights were closed for a while but are now open again. For more details visit the dedicated landing page here.
How to Book
- Visit the Southwest website to search for sample dates and destinations.
- Purchase by February 8, 2021, 11:59 PM Central Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid February 9, 2021 through May 26, 2021.
- Continental U.S. to/from Hawaii travel valid February 9, 2021 through May 20, 2021.
- San Juan, Puerto Rico travel valid February 9, 2021 through May 20, 2021.
- International travel valid February 9, 2021 through May 20, 2021.
- 21-day advance purchase is required
- Points bookings do not include government fees from $5.60 per one-way flight.
- International flights may have additional taxes and fees.
- Be sure to read all other terms and conditions on the Southwest site.
Where you able to find a flight to book? Did you get a refund on a previously purchased Southwest flight? Let us know in the comments below!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them