Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Southwest has launched another fall sale with some more good deals between city pairs. Check your emails for subjects titled “Fall fare sale. Book your sweater-weather getaway”; the sale is also available from Southwest’s website. This sale is very widespread, with seemingly every departure city featuring at least one deal. There are quite a few international deals this time too. Unfortunately, flights to Hawaii from the mainland are not. Make sure you plan travel early: these fares require a 21-day advanced purchase, but are good for September through March travel.
Don’t just accept the price noted on the sale page: as is often the case with SWA, lower prices are available on the “low fare calendar” pages. While not every deal is lower than competitors, the addition of free checked bags turns a lot of these into solid savings for family travel.
Whenever Southwest hosts a sale, make sure you check any existing flights you have already purchased. Southwest has no change fees, and if the sale price is lower you will receive a credit for the difference usable for future SWA fares. Plus, if you are unsure after you buy one off these flights, remember that any fare marketed in the US is free to cancel within 24 hours. But this sale has a short window, and prices are only good until 11:59 M Pacific Time on August 29, so act fast.
Sample Fares Between City Pairs
- Atlanta and Nashville from $49
- Burbank and San Jose from $49
- Sacramento and San Diego from $49
- Ft. Lauderdale and Turks & Caicos from $74 ($151 return)
- Las Vegas and Austin from $79
How to Book
- Visit the airline to search for sample dates and destinations
- Continental U.S. travel valid September 17, 2019, through March 4, 2020. Orange County (SNA) travel valid January 7, 2020 through March 4, 2020. Interisland Hawaii travel valid September 17, 2019, through March 4, 2020. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 17 through December 5, 2019, and January 13 through March 5, 2020. International travel valid September 17 through December 11, 2019, and January 7 through March 5, 2020.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 22, November 24, November 26-27, November 30-December 2, December 19-23, December 26, 2019 – January 1, 2020; January 4-5, 2020. Interisland Hawaii travel blacked out November 22 through December 2, 2019 & December 19, 2019 through January 6, 2020.
- No minimum stay required
Good luck and happy flying!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them