Southwest has just launched their winter sale. This time, check your email for the subject line “$59 sale fares to the places and people you love.” The sale is available from Southwest’s website as well. It’s a bit more than a flash sale, with fares available for 3 days. AS usual, it appears that all of SWA’s continental USA cities have deals, and in most cases they have quite a few. Unlike the last sale, Hawaiian inter-island fares are available from $39; there are no deals to/from the mainland, however. Still, there are international deals to the Caribbean and Central America.
As usual, there are deals below the advertised price, and potentially below the “sale page” price as well. Like between Dallas and Denver advertised at $98 but available for half price. Perfect for escaping the cold or taking a ski vacation, depending on where you live.
Whenever Southwest hosts a sale, make sure you check any existing flights you have already purchased. Southwest has no change fees, and if the sale price is lower you will receive a credit for the difference usable for future SWA fares. Plus, if you are unsure after you buy one off these flights, remember that any fare marketed in the US is free to cancel within 24 hours.
I love these SWA sales for avoiding overpriced “Big 3” fares. Even as a dedicated United flier, I’ve snagged 3 good Southwest sale fares recently, and I’m looking for more. But this sale ends in 3 days, and prices are only good until 11:59 M Pacific Time on October 24, so you’ll have to act fast if you want a deal.
Sample Fares Between City Pairs
- Nashville and Atlanta from $49
- Dallas and Denver from $49
- Baltimore and Boston from $59
- Burbank and Portland from $69
- Chicago (Midway) and Cincinnati from $74
How to Book
- Visit the airline to search for sample dates and destinations
- Continental U.S. travel valid November 4, 2019, through March 4, 2020. Interisland Hawaii travel valid November 11, 2019, through March 4, 2020. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid November 11 through December 5, 2019, and January 13 through March 5, 2020. International travel valid November 11 through December 11, 2019, and January 7 through March 5, 2020.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 26-27, November 30-December 2, December 19-23, December 26, 2019 – January 1, 2020; January 4-5, 2020. Interisland Hawaii blacked out November 22-December 2, 2019 and December 19, 2019-January 6, 2020.
- 14-day advance purchase required for continental U.S. travel. 21-day advance purchase for all other travel.
- No minimum stay required.
Good luck and happy flying!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them