Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
If you don’t have time for summer travel but do have freedom in the Fall, there are very good deals available to Spain right now. A week ago we posted about New York fares to Madrid, and earlier we saw summer sale prices. Now the sale is expanding to other US cities as well as Barcelona as a destination. These prices are from early September onward when warm temperatures are still the norm but crowds are smaller. Many of these are direct flights, providing an even better experience for such a low price. The current best fares are:
- New York to Madrid from $287 on United, Barcelona from $289 on Delta
- Boston to Madrid from $280 on Norwegian or $300 on United, and Barcelona from $351 on American/Iberia
- Chicago to Barcelona from $329
- Miami to Barcelona from $349
These are basic economy fares: on Norwegian that includes a carry-on, and for the rest you can add meals as well. Buying up to main cabin can be ~$120 round trip, meaning your full trip is still under $500. The lowest prices are generally available by booking directly with the airlines in question, but several OTAs provide lower prices on alternate dates. As always, searching around a little can help you find the best deal.
While Spain has been a great deal this year, rarely do we see <$350 fares from anywhere besides New York stay for very long, so this is a good time to start planning your Spanish vacation.
- Departure: EWR
- Stops: None
- Arrival: MAD
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination
- September – November, 2019
- 7-day stay required
Where to Stay in Madrid or Barcelona
- Courtyard Madrid Princesa
- Holiday Inn Express Madrid – Leganes
- DoubleTree by Hilton Madrid-Prado
- Hotel Laumon in Barcelona
- Barcelona’s Hotel 1898
Things to Do in Madrid or Barcelona
- Royal Palace of Madrid
- Madrid’s Prado National Museum
- Basilica of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
- Palau de la Musica Orfeo Catala in Barcelona
Good luck and happy flying!
(SEE ALSO: All new – Chase Iberia Plus Credit Card)
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them