Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
You may have already heard of this offer as it has been going around many of the miles and points blogs for the past week or so. But if you haven’t already, it’s an easy way to make at least $50 through signing up for an account at SoFi money.
SoFi Money review
Historically, I have used a Charles Schwab account in order to get money out of ATMs while traveling abroad, since it has good rates and reimburses ATM fees worldwide. But SoFi ALSO reimburses ATM fees worldwide AND does it immediately (instead of having to wait until the end of the month to get the reimbursement)
Plus SoFi Money offers:
- Interest that varies with rates but is currently 1.60%
- No account, monthly, balance, overdraft or other fees
- Easy-to-use web interface and mobile account
- Combine with investing and other accounts
Add an easy $50 signup bonus on top of that and it’s definitely worth signing up for and possibly using as a go-to account at least for traveling
SoFi referral – how to get an easy $50 (or more)
Getting your $50 signup bonus is only currently available through referral links and is super easy. Signing up takes about 2-3 minutes and involves filling out your personal information and linking a bank account for an ACH transfer. You have to put in $100 and in my case, the $50 bonus posted the next day.
This truly is a no-brainer IMO.
Then, if you’re playing in 2 player mode or have another trusted person, you can refer them – that’s where the $200 comes in.
- Use my SoFi referral link (or anyone else’s, if you … sniff… don’t love me 😀 ) to open an account – you’ll get $50
- Then you refer your spouse or other trusted friend – they get $50 and you get $50 for the referral (EDIT: originally the referral bonus was $100 but now it’s $50)
- Total of $150 to the good, and then you can keep chaining referrals if you want
What do you think of SoFi money? Leave your thoughts on the service in the comments
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them