Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- Germany’s Deutsche Bahn has unveiled its Ideenzug (Idea Train), with wacky ideas such as compartments for spin classes, privacy pods, and even “noise cancelling seats.”
- Now that Qatar owns a 49% stake in Meridiana, it seems they have some plans to revitalize the airline, including a new name!
- Brett over at Cranky Flier has a great article discussing Kansas City’s new terminal project, and how Southwest Airlines hopes to benefit from it.
- Southwest recently announced its intent to serve the Hawaiian Islands, but it seems like they are considering competing with Hawaiian in another, closer to home way.
- Get your stacking game on with a little help from Mommy Points — here’s how to get United miles for 1.18 cents per point!
- It’s been a good, long run, but American has finally decided when the MD-80s (Mad Dogs) will exit the fleet.
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: United’s 62 mile flight will make you wonder plus can you guess the country that’s changing its name?
Header image courtesy of Deutsche Bahn AG and Uwe Miethe
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them