In the depths of winter it’s fun to dream about sunny beaches and colorful cities. Right now there are multiple deals for travel to Barcelona, Spain’s seaside metropolis. The sale is for spring and fall travel (with a few August dates sprinkled in).
Sale prices from New York are standard, but the other cities are pleasant surprises. Discounted fares are available from:
- New York: $278 basic economy / $398 main cabin (United, Air Canada)
- Los Angeles: $311 BE / $476 MC (UA, AC)
- San Jose, CA: $313 BE (UA)
- San Francisco: $320 BE / $460 MC (American)
- Chicago: $336 BE / $559 MC (Iberia) or $353 / $493 (American)
- Miami: $362 BE (AA, IB)
- Philadelphia: $392 (AA, IB)
Prices are visible on Google Flights, but some wrinkles pop up. The American Airlines fares sometimes reprice higher on Google Flights, and the United fares will sometimes need to be searched for on Orbitz, or other online travel agencies. The Chicago fares often have lower basic economy prices with Iberia, but cheaper main cabin fares with American. If you find sale fares that work for your travel dates on Google Flights, make sure to check multiple options for the best price.
Basic economy fares include one carry-on, a personal item, and meals with United, American, and Iberia. Main cabin pricing adds seat selection and a checked bag as well. While the New York prices will probably remain steady for a while, the west coast prices are more rare. So book now if you want to see Spain’s south coast for less.
How to Book
- Follow this link for sample dates or search Google Flights for departure and destination. Most of these book directly through airlines but OTA (Expedia, Orbitz, etc.) pricing is the same or similar in some cases.
- March through May, September through December
- 6-day minimum stay, but more dates available for 7 and 8 day stays
Where to Stay in Barcelona
Things to Do in Barcelona
Good luck and happy flying!bea
(SEE ALSO: All new – Chase Iberia Plus Credit Card)
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them