Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
If it’s a day that ends in “y”, it probably means that a Southwest sale is happening–let’s check out where you can fly for only $49 each way! If you want to search fares from your city, click here. You’ve got some some time to book, 4/19 is the deadline, but buy now if you want to lock in the sale pricing!
- Book by 4/19. 21-day advance purchase required. Nonrefundable.
- Seats, travel days, and markets limited.
- Blackout dates apply. Domestic travel valid 4/24/18 – 6/13/18 and 8/21/18 – 10/31/18.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid 4/24/18 – 5/17/18, and 9/5/18 – 10/31/18.
- International travel valid 4/24/18 – 5/17/18, and 8/21/18 – 10/31/18.
- Fares not available to/from Rochester, NY (sorry, Rochester!)
- Points bookings do not include government fees from $5.60 per one-way flight.
It looks like the cheapest fares aren’t sub-$40 this time like they have been in the past. Lots of city pairs are showing up $49, which is a great deal if you can find one of those tickets. Remember that you won’t pay for bags should you decide to check them on Southwest. My “hometown” airport of LGA had nothing close to the $49 advertised sale:
Additionally, Southwest is generally fee-free, but if you want to be the one of the first to board, you can always opt for Early Bird check-in.
(READ MORE: Is Southwest Early Bird check-in worth it?)
The other thing to do (as Dan has pointed out before) with these Southwest fare sales is to check your existing bookings. Because of Southwest’s amazing cancellation policy, there is no penalty for changing your flight if the price goes down.
(SEE ALSO: Southwest just PAID me to take the same flight!)
Were you able to book (or re-book!) any Southwest flights with this fare sale? Let us know in the comments!